Covid 19 Information
Current Guidance at 8th April 2022
What's the latest news?
4 April 2022: Government withdraws and replaces guidance for schools
New self-isolating guidance for pupils and staff
- Those with a positive test result will be advised to try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people:
- Staff for 5 days
- Pupils for 3 days
- Both pupils and staff should try to stay home and avoid contact with others if they have symptoms of a respiratory infection and a high temperature, or if they feel unwell (returning to school when they feel well enough, and no longer have a high temperature)
Free testing no longer available for schools and no longer advised in specialist settings
- Twice-weekly testing in special schools and alternative provision settings comes to an end
- Schools can't order free lateral flow tests any more
Read more in the government's press release on the next steps for living with COVID-19
What these changes mean:
- Bodriggy are no longer legally required to provide remote education.
- Bodriggy are no longer expected to have an outbreak management plan for COVID-19.
The government has withdrawn the following:
The current guidance on COVID-19 includes: