SAFEGUARDING…is everybody's responsibility.
Bodriggy Academy is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The highest priority will be given to following guidance and regulations to safeguard them.
We will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust Safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of Safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers. The school ensures that DBS checks are completed.
The school's policy applies to the whole of the school’s workforce, along with volunteers, Governors, visitors, external professionals and any contractors working on the school site. Of particular significance is ensuring that all staff and volunteers have been appropriately checked for their suitability using the safe recruitment procedures.
School staff are ideally placed to observe the outward signs of abuse because of the daily interaction we have with children and the supportive relationships we seek to foster. Staff in schools will therefore:
- establish and maintain a safe and nurturing environment free from discrimination or bullying, where children feel secure, are encouraged to talk and are listened to so that they can learn and develop happily;
- provide, within the curriculum, opportunities for children to develop the skills they need to recognise, and stay safe, from abuse;
- raise awareness of safeguarding issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe;
- ensure that children know that they can approach any adult in school if they are worried and they will receive a consistent supportive response;
- report any inappropriate behaviour/activities to designated staff;
- develop and implement procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse and
- support pupils who have been abused, in accordance with an agreed, child-centred plan.
Contact details for all safeguarding concerns: 01736 752808
- Bodriggy Academy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) - Mr Daniel Simons.
- Child and Family Lead Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) – Mrs Brioney Henshall.
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) - Miss Tamara Carroll
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) – Miss Claire Todd
- Operation Encompass Staff – Mrs Brioney Henshall and Miss Claire Todd
- Online Safety Lead – Mr Dominic Wood
- Attendance lead – Mrs. Brioney Henshall
- Attendance and Inclusion Lead for TPAT – Mrs. Rita Rowson
- Safeguarding/Online Safety Governor – Mrs. Lorraine Thompson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Designated Children in Care Teacher – Mrs. Brioney Henshall